Scentsy Convention 2012 is coming right up, and everyone here at Scentsy Family is incredibly excited to share all of the amazing things we have planned with you!
One of the many great things up our sleeve is Backstage Pass—an amazing social media extravaganza designed to get a buzz going like you’ve never experienced (er, uh, a social media buzz, that is).
I’m not going to lie to you: There is a lot of information on this blog. But bear with me, as I’ve tried to create an easy-to-follow layout for you. From what to expect, to what online platforms we’ll be using, to some helpful links on how to use them. We want you fully prepared for this event! Let this blog post be your resource for how to share all that will be happening at Convention. Refer back to it when you need to, read it carefully, and please, feel free to comment and ask questions.
We want to see all of you participating, whether it’s posting, tweeting, sharing photos, or connecting with others—just show us how much fun you’re having!
The best part about this online sharing program is that even those who aren’t with us in Las Vegas can still follow along and participate.
Here’s a quick snapshot of our fun social activities planned!
· Drip Tease— We’ll be giving away tidbits of info about the new brand before the big reveal at Convention! The first tease was today, Wednesday July 11. Look for one each day on the Scentsy Family Forum (in the Straight From the Source section) or follow the conversation on Twitter.
· Daily Convention Trivia— Watch for fun Convention trivia questions on the Scentsy Family Forum. The first ten Consultants to answer a trivia questions correctly will win $20 to the Scentsy Family Store! That's ten winners for each questions. Even those following from home will be able to answer these questions!
· Live Tweets— Your tweets with the Convention hashtag #SFC2012 will be displayed onscreen in the auditorium before general sessions.
· Bar Man Photos— Submit your photo with Bar Man and you might see it on our Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook pages!
· Executive Q&A— Connect with Scentsy Family executives on Twitter and ask them your burning questions.
Photo of the Day— We’ll be looking for the Convention “Photo of the Day” across all of our social presences and use it to promote the day’s Convention summary on the Forum.
· Light it Up Moment— We’ll be on the lookout for THE photo that captures the essence of Convention on Istagram. One winner will receive a $250 Scentsy Family Store gift certificate and the photo will be used to promote Convention 2013!
· Ah Ha Moments— We want to capture all of your Convention “Ah Ha Moments.” Using the hashtag #SFCMoments, compile all of your “Ah Ha Moments”. Use the hastag #SFCMoments when you tweet your moment so we can all enjoy it!
Conversation Continued— We want to hear what you think and what you have to add about key topics following general sessions. We'll continue the discussions on the Forum so you can give your feedback, find out what others thought and join the experience if you're following from home.
· Light it Up Pinterest Board—After Convention, help Scentsy Family recreate Light it Up, Convention 2012 by curating your own Pinterest boards with your favorite photos of the event and send us your link. We’ll use them to make one huge board of our own!
· And much more!
Scentsy Family Socialite
One of our most exciting activities will be discovering the Scentsy Family Socialite. Who on social media is most actively sharing, participating and contributing to Light it Up, Convention 2012?
This will be judged by members of the Digital Marketing team and by using social media data software and Forum analytics that determines who our top influencers are. So tweet, post, and submit away! The BEST part is—the Scentsy Family Socialite receives an iPad2!!
Consultants at home are eligible for this too! :)
Using RFID technology and our awesome “Share Stations,” your Convention name badge will have the ability to automatically populate your Facebook profile with a simple tap!
This is a Facebook application that will give Scentsy Family permission to post photos and messages about new products and fun activities on your behalf. For example (and strictly an example— we don’t want give anything away about new products!)—
You can also have your picture taken at four share stations and the photo will be placed right on your Facebook profile. Groups of friends can even post one group photo on all of your profiles!
To use, you must register for it. Go to http://www.smart-reg.com:8080/WELCOME and follow the easy instructions to register you and your guest to use the Share Stations. You must enable the popup from this site. The popup is Facebook and there you will sign in and access the app.
There will be 10 Share Stations around Convention, so keep an eye out for them!
Scentsy Family Social Presences
A lot will happen on the Scentsy Family Forum, so be sure to register to use it if you haven't already! Check back often for exciting updates there during Convention, including Convention Trivia where you can win awesome prizes! www.myscentsy.com
Here’s a list of where you will find us on social media. Make sure you “Like” or “Follow” our pages before you head down to Las Vegas!
For Facebook, we’ll be posting all things Convention within the Light It Up event pages on both Velata and Scentsy. Check them out, and join the event while you’re at it to get updates on your Facebook page at Convention!
Social Media 101
Here are some helpful links on how to set up and use these social media pages. If you’re on the unfamiliar side of any of these, take some time to check these out. We want to make sure you have all the knowledge you need to get the most out of this social media experience!
Hashtags mark keywords or topics in Tweets. I’m sure you’ve seen them—they start with "#", are all single words or phrases, and have no spaces or punctuation. Clicking on one will lead you to a search featuring Tweets with that same hashtag
Use our hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. These will be important to use so that you can stay on-topic, relevant and other people can follow along and see all the conversation that you and others are sparking around that hashtag. Find out more about hashtags.
So whenever you’re tweeting us, or posting a photo on Instagram, make sure to include one of our hashtags below. (i.e. “So excited to be at #SFC2012! The first general session is about to begin!”)
#SFC2012— This will be our main Convention hashtag.
#SFCMoment— Use this hashtag to submit your Convention “Ah Ha Moments.” What’s something you learned? Something inspiring you heard? Share a great quote!
Executive Twitter Handles
Make sure to watch for and follow our Executives on Twitter! They will be hosting live Q&A sessions throughout Convention and can’t wait to hear from you, so make sure you’re checking in on Twitter and following the hashtag #SFC2012.Here is the complete list:
Photo Submission Disclaimer
And here’s the legal disclaimer you need to know tha tmakes it possible for us to share your photos, ideas, etc., in a Scentsy public forum:—
Any and all submissions become the property of Scentsy, Inc. If you submit any creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, designs, original artwork, or other information, you assign to Scentsy, Inc. all of your rights in and to them without compensation or payment of any kind.
That's it! We can't wait to see all the great ways you share Scentsy Convention 2012 with your social media Backstage Pass!