“There’s nothing like Opening Day. There’s nothing like the start of a new season.” – George Brett
The smell of the grass. The sights and sounds of the stadium. The crack of the bat. The joy of singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame™ during the seventh-inning stretch. If you’ve been missing all of this, you’re not alone.
Get your fantasy baseball teams ready, because baseball season is back! On Thursday, March 28, Opening Day of the Major League Baseball® Season will be the earliest season opening in history!
If you’re a baseball fan, you know Opening Day is a big deal. So big, in fact, that fans all over the country have been pushing to make it a legit holiday.
Opening Day is so much more than baseball – it’s a state of mind. It represents a new start, a clean slate. And it comes with new hope, new optimism. There’s excitement in the air. And that’s reason enough to celebrate.
If you can’t make it out to the ballpark, plan a party to open the season in style!
Popcorn, get your popcorn! (Food)
- You can’t go wrong with traditional ballpark fare: hot dogs, peanuts, Cracker Jacks, pretzels, nachos.
- Desserts can be as simple as cookies and cupcakes – they’re already round, so decorate them like baseballs!
Let’s play! (Games)
- Test your pitching skills with a game of Cornhole, or create your own baseball-themed bean bag toss game out of cardboard.
- Make a baseball piñata and take a bat to it. See who has the best swing!
- Set up a photo area with props. Design a large baseball card out of poster board, then cut a hole in the center for your guests to strike their best pose.
Share your spirit! (Fun)
- Don’t forget to decorate with your favorite team’s colors! Team pennants are a simple DIY project.
- Top it all off with an MLB® Scentsy Warmer ! Our Major League Baseball® collection features 17 officially licensed, cap-shaped warmers, including the World Series Champions™ from the past 12 seasons! Contact your Scentsy Consultant today to order your own! Don’t have a Consultant? Find one here.
Whatever you do for an Opening Day party, it’s sure to be a home run.
“You always get a special kick on Opening Day, no matter how many you go through. You look forward to it like a birthday party when you’re a kid. You think something wonderful is going to happen.”
– Joe DiMaggio
MLB trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com