Have you ever looked at the clamshells overflowing your drawers and cupboards and wondered:
“How many Scentsy Bars do I really need?”
It’s a question we get a lot, so let’s do the math:
- Everyone has their go-to fragrances — you’ve got your citrus, your bakery, your floral and fresh.
- Then there’s the exploratory scents you pluck from New Releases each catalog season for when you’re in the mood to try something new.
- Obviously, you have to factor in holiday scents, because you can’t celebrate Christmas or Valentine’s Day or Middle Name Pride Day without the right fragrance in the air.
- And if you only have spicy-warm Scentsy Bars come spring, how are you supposed to ring it in? You gotta have those green notes by April! Add in seasonal favorites.
- It’s always good to have a few extra Scentsy Bars on hand for last-minute birthday gifts, thank-you gifts or just-because surprises for your BFF.
- Toss in a few of your spouse’s favorites, and the scents your kids ask for by name.
So, considering daily usage in three or four warmers in your home, you’ll need a minimum of about … 41 Scentsy Bars, ready to go at a moment’s notice. Let’s round it up to a cool 50, just in case. (And that’s not even counting the stock our Scentsy Consultants keep at the ready for their favorite customers.)
What can we say? We’re enablers! We love Scentsy fragrances as much as you do. And whether you have just one bar or 100 in your house right now, how you store them matters.
We want to help make sure each and every one of your Scentsy Bars warms beautifully. The way you store your bars can affect a fragrance’s character, duration and performance.
Here are a few dos and don’ts on how to properly store your bars to maximize their shelf life:
- Do keep them in a cool, dark place. (We like to store ours on a shelf in the linen closet — they make the sheets and towels smell great.)
- Do lay them flat whenever possible. Scentsy Consultants: Hanging them on pegs temporarily for fairs and shows is totally fine.
- Don’t leave them in direct sunlight for any extended period of time.
- Don’t choose drawers next to the oven or stove if you store your bars in the kitchen. They will melt, and you will be sad.
- Do respect the first in, first out rule! Rotate older bars to the front of your stash to make sure you use them first.
- Don’t keep your Scentsy Bars in the car for too long — the sun could melt them.
- Don’t use the “freeze and thaw” method — it’s too extreme for most fragrances. (We’ve tested it out, with poor results. Don’t do it!)
- Don’t keep too many Scentsy Bars on hand.
- (Hahahahaha — just kidding. We’re enablers, remember? Go ahead and stock up.)
- Do stock up each catalog season on the fragrances you’ll use most immediately. (Not many folks used Iced Pine in April, but we’re not here to judge.)
Bring Back My Bar
Armed with all these new storage tips, we wouldn’t be surprised if you’re looking to get a few new fragrances and put them to the test. You’re in luck, because now is actually a great time to shop.
Twice a year, we invite Scentsy fans to vote on the discontinued fragrances they’ve been missing for Bring Back My Bar (we call it BBMB), and the latest winners are on sale now. Check the list for a throwback fragrance or two for your stash — there are more than a few former Scentsy Classics this round!
Here’s another tip, and this is reserved for the truly obsessed fragrance fans:
If you have ever mourned the loss of a favorite Scentsy Bar fragrance and want to keep that from EVER happening again, join Scentsy Club. When you add your must-have Scentsy Bars to a subscription, we’ll keep making them JUST FOR YOU, even if we discontinue them from the catalog!
All in all, with the added perks of BBMB and Scentsy Club, if you don’t already have a Scentsy Bar storage problem, you should soon. Use the tips above to make your fragrances last, and let us know if you have any other tricks to share in the comments!
To place an order, reach out to your Scentsy Consultant or find one here.