ENLIVEN YOUR WORLD
Have you ever opened up a Scentsy Bar to see that the wax is … um … sweating?
Do some of the Scentsy Bars in your stash not look as brightly colored as when you first got them?
Have you ever been tempted to take a bite out of your Blueberry Cheesecake Scentsy Bar?
We receive all kinds of questions about our authentic wax Scentsy Bars — the weird ones are our favorites! — so we thought we’d take a moment to answer some of the questions we hear most (or love best).
We hope you ♥ ♥ ♥ Scentsy enough to know what we’re talking about. If not:
What is a Scentsy Bar?
A Scentsy Bar is a block of fragrant wax in eight break-apart sections. We call them wickless candles! They’re available in more than 80 exclusive Scentsy fragrances and designed for use in a Scentsy Warmer. Learn more here.
Where are Scentsy Bars made?
We manufacture all wax products at our campus in Meridian, Idaho. Made in the USA!
Now, back to some of the trickier stuff:
Why does my wax look like it’s sweating?
Extreme variations in temperature can cause fragrance oils in your Bar to separate from the wax and begin beading up on its surface. It looks a lot like sweat! Here are a couple of ways to help prevent “sweaty” wax:
Should I throw “sweaty” wax away?
Nope! When warmed, the oils should blend back in with the wax just fine, with no noticeable effect on your fragrance experience.
Why is my Scentsy Bar’s color fading?
Several factors can contribute to color variation in your Scentsy Bars. Some of it is complicated science stuff. But here are a few simple things to keep in mind:
I have two Bars in the same fragrance — why do they look different?
Depending on the color(s) used to dye the wax, you might notice teensy variations in color. Any color variation is purely cosmetic and does not affect the fragrance, its intensity or the scent throw of your Bars.
And a few other fun facts and helpful hints:
What kind of wax is used to make Scentsy Bars?
We use a custom, high-quality paraffin wax blend designed to give you long-lasting fragrance and selected for its scent loading ability, melting point and firmness. That means it warms beautifully and holds a lot of fragrance!
How do I clean the wax out of the Warmer?
While the wax is melted, pour it out and wipe the dish clean with a paper towel. (Don’t pour it down the sink!)
Are Scentsy Bars safe?
Scentsy Bars are safer than wicked candles because no flame is required. Since the wax is warmed and not burned like traditional candles, no harmful chemicals or pollutants are released into the air — just beautiful fragrance. That means no flame, smoke or soot!
Are Scentsy Bars edible?
No. Even if it smells good enough to eat, don’t.
ok…i have a secret…my wife uses these and yes i like them also. i don’t care for a flame especially with kids and dogs…so they work the best.
Top tip for cleaning out your scentsy dish. Instead of pouring the wax out (which can run down the side of the dish) just pop a cotton wool ball in to soak up the wax, give it a wipe then put in your next cube.
I read somewhere that, “Paraffin wax is a soft wax made from petroleum byproducts and has been laboratory tested to be hygienically safe to use. … If you ingest liquid paraffin or inhale paraffin candle fumes, you may have adverse reactions including nausea, vomiting, headaches or even benzene pollution that can lead to lung cancer.”
How much truth is there in this? A friend of mine is concerned about inhaling the fumes and wants to know is this also true about wickless products such as wax in Scentsy warmers?
Hi Dianne, We care a lot about the quality of Scentsy wax and its ingredients. Since the wax is warmed and not burned as with traditional candles (combustion), no harmful chemicals or pollutants are released into the air. You can find additional details about Scentsy wax here: https://goo.gl/EFTcAS
I just started selling Scentsy and I was just wondering if we can or cannot say that the wax melts are non-toxic if eaten by a child or a pet ?
Hi Leane, welcome to the Scentsy family! While The wax we use is food grade, our products are not meant to be ingested no matter how delicious they might smell. If it is ingested by a child or pet, we still recommend contacting poison control or consulting your veterinarian.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.