Maybe you’ve already launched a small side business, or you’re out there exploring alternatives to the traditional 9-to-5.
At Scentsy, we have several tried-and-true methods for maxing out every moment our Consultants invest in their businesses. We’re all about working smarter, not necessarily harder!
Whether you’ve taken the entrepreneurial dive or you’re just dipping your toes in the water, here are a few ways to make your small business count BIG:
Commit to starting.
This is not the time to be timid. The best thing about owning your own business is you get what you give! Here’s how to give it your all and take the first step:
- Set a goal. The right goal will help you get where you want to be. Stay focused and motivated, no matter what life throws your way. Post your goal on Facebook, write it on the bathroom mirror – make sure you see it every day.
- Create your workspace. It’s important to designate a work zone, especially when you work from home and distractions are everywhere! Make it fun with inspiring art and a vision board for your business that includes your written goal.
- Build a timeline. When you make your goals time-bound, you have an easy measuring stick for success. Break down your big goal into doable steps, then give each one a deadline. Once you accomplish one step, move onto the next!
Let everyone know you’ve launched a business.
It’s time to tell the world! Shout it from the rooftops (and Facebook). Using online advertising methods can really boost your visibility.
Build on the excitement you feel in launching your new business, and spread the word to everyone you know and every new person you meet. Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm – who knows what you might inspire?
Network, network, network.
Being an entrepreneur can be overwhelming at times – why would you want to go it alone? It’s important to build a network of supportive, like-minded people who want to see you succeed and who are willing to help make it happen. Create a list of contacts, then keep adding names to the list. Here’s how:
- Talk to people. Face to face is great when you can make it happen. Share your goals with family and friends, and ask them for people who might be interested in learning more about what you’re doing. The toughest part is starting the conversation, but once you’re in, it’s smooth sailing!
- Reach out. Take advantage of your social media accounts to meet people where they are. Even if it’s doing something as simple as sending an instagram direct message, this could be the first step in interacting with someone online and potentially become a potential client. It’s all about the relationships built.
- Create marketing tools. Simple things like business cards and brochures go a long way in leaving an impression. Make it easy for people to reach you!
- Use online marketing. When you create a business it’s important that you also create a website or some social media pages, this will help to boost awareness. This can lead to more sales and customers. To improve your online marketing strategies, you could contact Cardinal Digital Marketing or other companies offering similar services. Getting more people to know about your company is always good for business!
Stick to the plan.
Work to reach your growth or income goals each month by investing real time in your business:
- Take action. Do SOMETHING every day, even if it’s just returning calls or making plans.
- Get prepared. Spend some time thinking about what obstacles you might hit so you’ll know how to bust through them. Challenge is not a matter of if, but when. Be ready!
- Stay proud. Celebrate even the little achievements to keep your excitement high and your momentum strong.
Have your own tips for making the most of your side business? Let us know in the comments.
We have a hunch that you’re ready to give it your all – and we need people like you! Contact your Consultant to launch your own Scentsy business, or find one at scentsy.com.