If you haven’t noticed yet
Obsessed fans are stampeding to their local Starbucks for their first PSL of the season. For those of you who have been living under a rock, PSL stands for Pumpkin Spice Latte – a drink with the largest cult following ever.
Why? Because we love our pumpkin. And we really love our spice. It signifies the return of jacket weather! Football games! Back to school shopping! Sunsets everyone in the family can witness! And all the other amazing things that come with fall.
Before finding your way into a new routine this season, look around: There are opportunities aplenty for spicing things up, and we don’t just mean your coffee.
In the kitchen
It’s baking season, but sugar is nothing without a little spice. Our favorite fall recipes are all about pumpkin, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg – and this lip-smacking recipe for Pumpkin Crumb Cake Muffins includes them all. Or go savory with the delicious spicy Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Sausage and Sage. No matter which way you go, even if it’s both, spice shows up in a big way.
In your Scentsy Warmer
There’s an entire fragrance family dedicated to all things spice, where you’ll find the tantalizing, nose-tingling scents you crave: fresh-ground cinnamon, ginger, clove, allspice, cardamom – even black pepper. This time of year, you can’t go wrong with spice!
- Blood Orange Spice
This sweet-tart trio of candied apple, blood orange puree and cinnamon stick will satisfy your autumn obsession.
- First Day of Fall
All the best parts are here: Just-picked pumpkin, a breath of autumn woods and a spicy dash of cinnamon.
- Maple Apple Bourbon
Juicy red apple and rich maple get in the holiday spirit with a splash of bourbon.
In your life!
Helen Keller said, “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
When was the last time you had a proper adventure? It doesn’t have to be major, like climbing Mount Everest in a blizzard, but there are everyday changes you can make to embrace an adventurous spirit. From there, who knows what might happen?
Try these simple hacks to add spice to your life:
- Hang out with your most spontaneous friend and follow their lead for the day.
- Plan two trips: one small and one dream-big large. Set a date for the small trip. (And a goal for the big one.)
- Get a haircut, not just a trim. Go for something different enough that others will notice.
- Finally try axe-throwing with your significant other. Or an escape room. Or whatever uncommon date-night activity is trending in your community.
- Borrow a toddler (from a friend or family member, of course!) if you don’t have one yourself and take a walk outside. Notice what they notice, touch everything they touch, and stray off the path as often as they do. Life is amazing through their eyes!
- Launch a passion project. Have you been meaning to finally start blogging your Star Wars fan fiction or open a home-based business selling products you’re already obsessed with? Today is the day.
It doesn’t take much to embrace the spirit of spice this season! From baking to bungee jumping, all the spice you can handle is yours for the taking. If you want to keep it simple for now, add a few spiced Scentsy Bars to your routine. Reach out to your Scentsy Consultant or visit their website to place your order. Don’t have a Consultant? Find one here.
Keep it spicy, Scentsy fans!