Leaves are crunching beneath your feet.
Colorful candy lines the shelves of the grocery store. Kids of all ages are buzzing about what they’re dressing up as for the holiday. Halloween is right around the corner, and we’ve got the perfect craft to get you in a hauntingly creative décor mood!
Spooktacular rock creatures
A few rocks, some paint and a crafting buddy are all you need to create some spooktacular rock creatures perfect for DIY décor or gifting to a Halloween pal!
What you’ll need:
- Smooth rocks of various shapes and sizes
- Craft paints
- Paint brushes and sponges of various sizes
- A paint pen (for fine details)
- Your creativity!
Steps to complete your masterpiece:
- Go on an autumn stroll and find some rocks, or pick some up at your local craft store.
- Designate an area for painting, and place towels or an old sheet on surrounding surfaces to protect them.
- Rinse and dry rocks.
- Get a cup or bowl of water to rinse brushes, and a paper plate to use as a palette.
- Decide on your characters. Will you be creating a goofy ghoul? A friendly Frankenstein? A jolly jack-o-lantern? Paint your rocks the solid color of your character and let them dry.
- Add details like stems on pumpkins, button noses on black cats, or eyes and noses on ghosts and goblins. Use a paint pen for fine details. Let dry fully.
- Showcase your creations! Whether as a boo-tiful pet rock or as DIY décor around the house, they’re perfect for personalizing the Little Garden or Make-a-Scene Warmers for Halloween!
How do you plan to decorate your Little Garden or Make-a-Scene Warmer this season?
Tell us in the comments!