Scentsy Bars (and depending on the time of year, bricks) are kind of addictive, aren’t they?
Swapping out scents, trying different fragrance combinations. Wax is a way of life for Scentsy fans, and so is wax clean-up.
It can be tricky to rid a warmer of old wax to make room for a new, fresh bar. We’ve discovered some handy hacks over the years for easy wax clean-up, so you can focus on the important part: having fun with fragrance!
Try one or more of these tricks the next time you swap scents:
- Put a ribbon at the bottom of your warmer dish — be sure an end is sticking out on one side! — then when it’s time to swap out the wax, unplug your warmer, let the wax cool, then grab the end of the ribbon to pop out the whole piece.
- When the wax is still melted, drop a cotton ball in the warmer dish (typically one cotton ball per cube of wax) and let it soak up all the wax, then remove and toss in the trash.
- Pour liquid wax in the trash (never down the drain!), then wipe the warmer dish clean with a paper towel.
- Turn off your warmer and let the wax cool. Next, turn it back on and let the wax get a little soft —it will then slide out of the dish and into the trash in one piece.
- Turn off your warmer and let the wax cool until it’s solid. Then, using a knife, gently loosen the edges and pop the wax out in one piece. If you choose this method, do so careful because if you scratch or break your dish it isn’t covered by the warranty.
Also, did you know that storing your wax properly is a must? Simply store your Scentsy Bars in a cool, dry place like a closet — never in direct sunlight! — so they’ll be protected from the elements. Our Scent Storage Box is perfect for keeping up to 45 Scentsy Bars organized and in one place!
And to make the most of your fragrance experience, be sure you’re warming the optimal amount of wax cubes for your warmer’s size and wattage. Luckily, we’ve made that easy! Each warmer released in the Fall/Winter 2017 season and beyond has the suggested number of wax cubes listed under the warmer dish. For any warmers that debuted before that season, simply ask your Consultant and they can guide you. If you don’t have a Consultant, find one here.
Do you have any cool (or warm!) wax hacks to share? Let us know in the comments!