Scentsy Bars are kind of addictive, aren’t they?
Swapping out scents, trying different fragrance combinations — wax is a way of life for Scentsy fans, and so is wax clean-up.
It can be tricky to rid a warmer of old wax to make room for a new, fresh bar. We’ve discovered some handy hacks over the years for easy wax clean-up, so you can focus on the important part: having fun with fragrance!
Wipe away wax with Scentsy Cotton Cleanup
Cotton Cleanup pads are the easiest way to clean wax out of your Scentsy Warmer! These convenient pads are capable of absorbing four cubes worth of wax from your warmer dish and are perfectly sized to get the job done. Worried about running out of pads? Add them to a Scentsy Club subscription to receive regular shipments (along with some great perks)!
- Put a ribbon at the bottom of your warmer dish — be sure an end is sticking out on one side! — then when it’s time to swap out the wax, unplug your warmer, let the wax cool, then grab the end of the ribbon to pop out the whole piece.
- When the wax is still melted, drop a cotton ball in the warmer dish (typically one cotton ball per cube of wax) and let it soak up all the wax, then remove and toss in the trash.
- Pour liquid wax in the trash (never down the drain!), then wipe the warmer dish clean with a paper towel.
- Turn off your warmer and let the wax cool. Next, turn it back on and let the wax get a little soft —it will then slide out of the dish and into the trash in one piece.
- Do not use a knife to pry the wax out. We’ve found that this often scratches or breaks warmer dishes. If you scratch or break your dish trying to remove wax this way, the damage is not covered by your warmer’s warranty.
What if you spill your wax? Accidents happen — but there’s no use crying over spilt wax! Thankfully, wax is easily removed from most household surfaces if you have the right technique. Check out our wax spill guide for step-by-step clean up instructions.
Also, did you know that storing your wax properly is a must? Simply store your Scentsy Bars in a cool, dry place like a closet — never in direct sunlight! — so they’ll be protected from the elements. See our wax storage guide for more ideas!
Do you have any cool (or warm!) wax hacks to share? Let us know in the comments!