Friends keep us stable and whole
They get us through rough patches, celebrate our wins and cheer us on toward our milestones and accomplishments. They slice cheesecakes in the middle of the night and give us a fork and their shoulder. And, of course, they never count calories!
So, take advantage of Tuesday, July 30, which is the United Nations’ International Day of Friendship and check out these ideas to remind your friends they are appreciated.
Free and easy
- The easiest way to acknowledge friends is to call, text or send a quick email. Take a few minutes and compose something original and sweet. If you can’t find the right sentence, consider a meaningful quote from literature. For example, Aristotle wrote: “The antidote for 50 enemies is one friend.”
- Write an old-fashioned letter, with pen and paper, filled with memories and gratitude. Hand-deliver or send it via snail mail. Help them remember how good it feels to get correspondence someone took the time to pen themselves. They’ll be flattered by the time you dedicate to them.
- Post a song or a favorite picture or memory on social media and appreciate your friends publicly! Encourage others to do the same.
Caring and crafting
- It’s hard to beat a homemade cheesecake — or any baked goods.
- Dress up an old mason jar. Cut out 25 little paper scrolls and hand write things you love about your BFF. Tell her to unroll a scroll when she’s feeling down or needs a pick-me-up.
- Attach a Scentsy Scent Circle to a handmade card, and gift it with love. Aloha Citrus would cheer up any friend! Don’t have a Scentsy Consultant? Find one here.
- Whip up a batch of Honey Lavender Ice Cream to share.
Spend a little
- If you have a bit of a budget, donate to a cause your bestie cares about like Alex’s Lemonade Stand, Scentsy’s current charitable cause partner.
- Put together a custom floral arrangement from grocery store flowers or your garden. Because fresh blooms nearly shout, “I appreciate you!”
- The best thing you can give any friend is your time. It’s the most precious thing we have to share! So commit to spending more time with your dear friends in the coming year.
How do you plan to celebrate International Day of Friendship and show your friends gratitude? Tell us about it in the comments.