Maybe you’ve already launched a small side business, or perhaps you’re just out there exploring alternatives to the traditional 9-to-5. No matter what your new business may be, you want to commit to giving it all you’ve got!
At Scentsy, we have several tried-and-true methods for maximizing every moment our Consultants invest in their businesses.
We’re all about working smarter, not necessarily harder.
Whether you’ve taken the entrepreneurial dive or you’re just dipping your toes in the water, here are five ways to make your small business count BIG:
- Go all in. This is not the time to be timid. The best thing about owning your own business is you get what you give. Work to reach your growth or income goals each month by investing real time in your business: Hit the pavement every day. Anticipate obstacles so you can overcome them. Celebrate even the little achievements to keep your excitement high and your momentum strong.Hey, Scentsy Consultant: Make sure you’re bettering your business every day by learning something new. Make a habit of visiting the Training Center of your Workstation to soak up some Scentsy knowledge.
- Tell the world. Shout it from the rooftops — and Facebook! Build on the excitement you feel in launching your new business and spread the word to everyone you know and every new person you meet. Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm — who knows what you might inspire?Hey, Scentsy Consultant: Your launch party is the grand opening of your Scentsy business, but you can mimic the spirit of your launch each new catalog season. Pack the house with as many guests as you can to share new products and fill up your calendar with additional bookings.
- Build relationships. Being an entrepreneur can be overwhelming at times — why would you want to go it alone? It’s important to build a network of supportive, likeminded people who want to see you succeed and who are willing to help make it happen. Cut out the naysayers and surround yourself with caring, inspiring folks instead. And don’t forget that popular, very true adage: Two heads really are better than one. When you have a big idea or anticipate a new challenge or risk, it’s great to bounce your game plan off a brain (or two or three) you can trust.Hey, Scentsy Consultant: A great way to network and connect with fellow Consultants is by attending Scentsy events. There’s no spirit like Scentsy Spirit! And it’s brightest when our Consultants come together in droves. Don’t miss out!
- Reach out. (Then make it easy for others to reach you.) Create a list of contacts, then keep adding names to the list. How? Talk to people! Face to face is great when you can make it happen, but don’t forget to meet people where they are — usually on social media. Get out there and strike up a conversation.Hey, Scentsy Consultant: Don’t forget to label EVERYTHING before it leaves your home and hands. All your product orders, catalogs, brochures — put a label with your contact info on it all. Many Consultants also extend their reach with a window cling for their car with their web address and phone number!
- Get that goal. The right goal will help you get where you want to be! Stay focused and motivated, whether your goal is big or small. Post your goal on Facebook, write it on the bathroom mirror — make sure you see it every day. A written goal has a much higher chance of success.Hey, Scentsy Consultant: Find an accountability buddy, like your Sponsor or another Consultant, who can help you stay enthusiastic and encouraged all the way to your goal — then set a new one!
How do you make your small side business count?
Looking to join Scentsy? We need people like you! Contact your Consultant to launch your business — or find one at scentsy.com.